Compliments That Will Make Someone's Day
Giving a compliment is one of the best ways we can express our authentic feelings to someone. In today’s world, when heart-to-heart communication seems like a thing of the past, a simple compliment is an easy way to deeply connect with someone.
Whether you want to express your appreciation, awe, praise, love, acceptance, or gratitude, a compliment is a reliable way to get those feelings out in the open.
No matter who you feel has had a positive and effective impact on your life – a friend, a significant other, a parent, a child, a teacher – try giving them a compliment.
You’ll feel good putting your feelings out in the open, and they’ll feel appreciated.
If you’re looking for a meaningful compliment that you can give to someone special in your life, try one of these:
- You are the best friend/parent/child/spouse/teacher anyone could ask for. This compliment is simple but effective. By expressing your gratitude to them for being “the best”, you’re telling them that the work they're putting into their relationship with you is appreciated.
- I love the way you think. We all are subject to uncertainty and doubts. Even those who may seem confident on the outside can be dealing with self-consciousness on the inside. By telling someone you like the way they think, you’re saying that you respect their decisions. This compliment also suggests that you’re interested in hearing more of what they have to say. It’s a double whammy!
- You have a heart of gold. This classic compliment tells someone that you think they’re incredibly generous, kind, and thoughtful. And, you’re also telling them that they’re as rare as gold!
- Your parents must be proud of you. Making the important people in our lives proud of us can be a constant battle. With this compliment, you’re letting someone know that their accomplishments are not going unnoticed. You’re saying that the work they’re doing is paying off.
- I love when you’re not afraid to be yourself. In other words, you find this person to be amazing! Whoever hears this will get a boost of confidence and feel more comfortable being themself around you.
- I feel so comfortable when I’m around you. The sign of a strong relationship is when you can be your authentic self without having to worry about how the other person will react. By telling your loved one that you feel comfortable around them, you’re letting them know that you’ve given them your trust.
- I'm so impressed by the way you… Here’s another simple but effective compliment. Find something you love about someone and let them know how you feel about it. Give it to them straight! A compliment like this is always welcome.
- A smile from you can make my day. This compliment lets someone know that they radiate positivity without even having to try. A simple smile from them is enough to turn an average day into a great one.
You don’t always have to have a deep conversation with someone to let them know how you feel about them. Sometimes a quick, easy compliment is all you need. Giving someone a compliment is a great way to express emotions. Specific compliments are especially effective! Don’t let the important people in your life wonder how you really feel about them. Let them know how much you care for them with a compliment every now and then. It’s a surefire way to put a smile on their face.